Friday, December 6, 2013

Culinary Institute of America

Nov 14, 2013

While we were upstate Claire wanted to visit my alma mater.  I graduated CIA in 2008 with an AOS in Culinary Arts. I won't get into my whole culinary background here.  But if you are interested in a resume feel free to send me an email.

I gave Claire and my father a quick tour of the campus.  It was really busy with The Hudson Valley Restaurant week.  We just barely got in at Caterina de Medici, everywhere else was full.  The deal was $29.95 for Appetizer, Entree, and Dessert.  Quite the deal!

If you don't know.  The public restaurants on campus are run by students who are just on the verge of graduation. Both front and back of the house, all stations of the restaurant.  Our meal at Caterina de Medici was as expected, clean performance.  Here's a complete list of the CIA restaurant group that is open to the public, run by students.


Hudson hall. my first dorm experience.


front view of campus
History -link

front view of caterina and the herb garden


backside of campus

the wine we ordered.
I also attended the Greystone campus [-link] 3 months

my father started with
Polpo Affogato al Vino Rosso 10.00
Red Wine Braised Octopus with Potato

claire had the
Bresaola, Ruchetta e Grana Padano 12.00
Dry-cured Beef with Arugula and Grana Padano Cheese

i had the
Sformato di Zucca e Caprino Fresco 10.00
Pumpkin Flan with Fresh Goat Cheese

for my dad's entree
Agnello Ripieno 26.00
Stuffed Lamb Saddle, Fennel, Potato and Olive Sauce


Claire's entree
Raviolone di Castagne e Crescenza 16.00
Chestnut Ravioli Filled with Crescenza Cheese, Brown Butter and Sage

For my entree
Brasato al Barolo 24.00
Barolo Wine Braised Beef with Polenta and Creamy Spinach


Caffé Amaretto 8.00
Coffee with Amaretto, Topped with Fresh Hazelnuts and Fresh Whipped Cream

dessert amuse bouche



Assaggio di Formaggi Italiani

Tasting of Italian Cheeses

acorn squash chocolate pie

tiramisu

had to get a static sticker for la sancha

No comments:

Post a Comment